Deadline: December 15, 2016
We are interested in seeing proposals for solo or thematic exhibitions for the period July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2019 from individual artists or artist groups. The deadline for materials is December 15, 2016 at 4 pm.
The Art Gallery of Sudbury | Galerie d’art de Sudbury is a comprehensive public art gallery, which means we aim to develop a diverse schedule of contemporary and historic art, fine craft and media art, and other art forms. As is the case with other public art galleries, for funding purposes, we are required to develop our exhibition calendar two to three years in advance.
- We are looking to develop between five to eight new exhibitions for regional artists over the next three years.
- There will be a curatorial selection process implemented from those proposals presented.
- All exhibitions will be curated by a member of our curatorial team or in liaison with a guest curator.
- We seek to exhibit significant bodies of art work and art research related to our place, that is, Greater Sudbury, the district of Sudbury, and relationally to other areas of Northeastern and Northern Ontario.
- We are interested in work by First Nations, Francophone, Anglophone and New Canadian artists.
- We are interested in the work of emerging, mid-career and senior artists.
- Because we have two main galleries, we may seek to offer exhibitions that speak to related themes at the same time. Our galleries are each approximately 1000 square feet.
- Proposals may also be considered for other exhibition spaces that the Gallery curates.
The exhibition proposal should be submitted on a CD or DVD including, if possible:
- A description of the body of art work that you would like to see exhibited.
- A brief summary of your recent relevant artistic work, experience and other achievements.
- A list of other potential collaborators, if any.
- Images of 10-15 of the art works most relevant to your proposal. These should be JPG images.
- Please include your contact information including mailing address, phone number and email address.
- Your updated curriculum vitae, or art-related resume.
- Artist Statement.
- Self-addressed stamped envelope if you want your support material returned.
Please mail or deliver submissions to Exhibition Proposals, Art Gallery of Sudbury, 251 John Street, Sudbury ON P39 1P9. Deadline: December 15, 2016.
All exhibition proposals will be thoroughly reviewed by the Gallery’s curatorial team. We will be sending out notifications by letter or by email byJanuary 18, 2017. All exhibition commitments are subject to our future success in grant funding and local sponsorship.
Please note: Our current facility, the Bell Mansion, is accessibility-restricted.