Le Salon du livre du Grand Sudbury, a not-for-profit organization whose mandate is to promote education and reading in the French language by presenting conferences, workshops and cultural mediation activities which allow the public to meet writers, seeks a qualified person to fill the following position:
Co-ordinator of Growth
The successful applicant, supported by the two executive directors, shall have the following responsibilities:
Elaborate and implement a plan to increase the organization’s own-source revenues:
• produce an assessment of the current plan for increasing own-source revenues, establish new objectives and prepare a plan for the 2017-2020 period;
• create a register of the Salon’s partners and sponsors since 2012;
• research and compile the current best practices for the development of sponsorships and partnerships relating to cultural products;
• restructure the Salon’s current sponsorship plan to develop customized sponsorship opportunities;
• take part in the development and implementation of a fundraising activity as part of the Marathon de lecture event;
• identify foundations that might support the Salon and help in the preparation of funding proposals;
Take part in the bilingual promotion of the organization’s activities:
• by preparing bulletins, invitations or other promotional tools and distributing them through the organization’s various promotional vehicles throughout the duration of the project;
• by helping to promote the Salon via social media.
• The ideal candidate will have obtained a post-secondary diploma in marketing, commerce, business administration or organizational management. Graduates of humanities and social science programs may also be considered;
• Excellent mastery of English and French, both oral and written;
• Good knowledge of the Internet environment and social media, as well as Word and Excel software;
• Good organizational skills, ability to work as part of a team and independently.
• Eligible candidates must have obtained a diploma from a recognized college or university within the past three years.
• This position must be the first work experience in the intern’s field of study.
• Candidates are eligible for the internship program one time only.
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
Annual salary: $31,000 to $34,000
Please send your cover letter and résumé in French by Friday, November 25, 2016, at 4 p.m. to:
Ms. Roxanne Charlebois
Salon du livre du Grand Sudbury
14 Beech St., Sudbury ON P3C 1Z2
705-671-1733 (fax) or
This employment opportunity is sponsored by: Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation